The BLWTL has completely revamped its data acquisition capabilities which involved the investment of a considerable amount of time and capital.
Taking advantage of the latest in computer instrumentation and software technology, the lab underwent an extensive upgrade.
Two new pressure scanning systems will bring the simultaneous input capacity at 2048 lines with sampling rates up to 1.7 million samples per second.
Four new wind tunnel control and data acquisition systems will allow us to run completely automated tests while capturing data at speeds up to 100 000 samples per second each.
We also developed a comprehensive new software package, offering our engineers:
- script-driven hardware and test procedure control,
- maximum flexibility in test setup,
- experimental results that are self documenting through extensive metadata which is added at each stage of the data acquisition and analysis,
- synchronization between test systems,
- automated data flow (from instrumentation to storage servers),
- real-time test reports and test progress notifications,
- multiple plug-in tools for rapid data evaluation and
- script-driven advanced data processing
Our new systems offer the ability to provide a customized scripted testing environment for any experimental requirement while maintaining a rapid analysis and reporting capability.